- Start: October 19, 2017 5:00 pm
- End: October 19, 2017 9:00 pm
Pacem in Terris 50th Anniversary
You are cordially invited to celebrate the 50 years of peace with justice work of Pacem in Terris
on Thursday, October 19, 2017, 5 – 9 pm
at The Waterfall, 3416 Philadelphia Pike, Claymont, DE 19703
The speaker for this memorable evening will be John Dear, an internationally known voice for peace and nonviolence. A longtime activist, popular lecturer, and movement organizer, Fr. John Dear is the author of 35 books and hundreds of articles on non-violence and peace. He was recently nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize by
Archbishop Desmond Tutu.
Other attractions of the evening include:
- Reception, 5:00 – 6:00 pm. Meet old friends, snack on hors d’oeuvres, see displays of Pacem’s different
programs and projects and how you can participate. See the display of nearly 50 years’ worth of anti-war and
pro-peace and justice signs, banners, flags, posters, and flyers that have been stored away in our archives. Collectively,
they tell the story of the last half-century, as seen through the lens of the peace movement.
In addition, as a beautiful counterpoint to these historical pieces, there will be an exhibit of art works from
the Youth Peace Art Exhibition that Pacem sponsored at The Delaware Contemporary in September.
- Children’s Chorus, 6:00 pm. Enjoy the beautiful music of the Imagination Players.
- Dinner will be a delicious meal to enjoy with friends.
- 50th Anniversary Dinner reservations: $55 per person; $100 for two; $450 for table of 10. Purchase online at depaceminterris.org or by check to Pacem in Terris, 401 N. West St., Wilmington, DE 19801. (If the above costs are prohibitive, a generous donor has set up a fund to help cover some of the dinner costs. Inquire at Pacem for details.)