Join us on October 19 at The Waterfall for a wonderful evening of friendship, joy and celebration. Visit with old and new Pacem friends, see a history of Pacem’s initiatives and accomplishments, and hear John Dear, an amazing speaker. Purchase tickets here.
Pacem in Terris is in the midst of celebrating its 50th Anniversary this year. As a member-supported organization, this longevity can be credited to you and our like-minded friends. Thank you!
Your support is vital to our ongoing mission and work for peace. We are grateful that you have chosen to support and walk with us as we work for peace with justice for a world restored, thriving and secure, for all, forever.
Grassroots, community support, like yours, makes possible our numerous interfaith, nonviolent efforts to bring people of all ages and ethnic backgrounds together for peaceful change. Equally important, however, it also reaffirms to us that people like you are moved by the same urgency and desire for change and it encourages each of us to do even better work.
Our 50th Anniversary is being celebrated in a variety of ways of building peace in our world. Here are some of the things we are doing:
- Pacem 50th Anniversary Speaker Series, from January through October, featuring Ashley Biden, George Lakey, Rainer Braun, David Hartsough, John Bonifaz, Bill Frelick, and John Dear
- Pacem 50th Anniversary Music Festival in June
- Pacem 50th Anniversary Film Series, featuring the “Greatest Peace and Justice Films of the Last 50 Years” July through August. Films included Selma, Gandhi, To Kill a Mockingbird, Do the Right Thing, Schindler’s List and Dead Man Walking.
- Global Solutions Lab at the United Nations and Chestnut Hill College
- Ulster Project Delaware, with youth from Northern Ireland and Wilmington
- The Youth Visionary Peace Art Exhibition at The Delaware Contemporary, Sept. 17-24
- The Pacem 50th Anniversary Celebratory Dinner at The Waterfall with John Dear as our speaker, October 19
- Our Pacem 50 Year Peace Fund that is the foundation for our work going forward
- In addition to these events and projects, there is Pacem’s ongoing work— our weekly newsletter PeaceWorks, quarterly printed newsletter PeaceWork, our advocacy work for justice locally and globally through the Israel-Palestine Human Rights Initiative, our Pacem Economic Justice Initiative, and our Peaceseeker vigils, lectures and films on human rights, nuclear disarmament and other critical issues. In addition, there is the restorative justice work of New Beginnings/Next Step that helps returning citizens make the transition to productive lives, and the Pacem Baylor Dance Project.
These efforts, along with our programs and partnerships with the Movement for a Culture of Peace, the Delaware Coalition Against Gun Violence, Delaware Citizens Opposed to the Death Penalty, and Peace Week Delaware provide critical work for making our homes, streets, neighborhoods, city, state and country safer, more secure and peaceful. All this work needs to continue.
Perhaps one or more of these programs is something close to your heart and vision for a better world. We would love to hear more from you. The board of directors and I deeply appreciate your support and hope you can join us this year in celebrating our 50th anniversary of education, advocacy, and activism.