Activities and Purpose
PeaceSeekers holds educational events, public witnesses, and citizen campaigns urging non-violent diplomatic solutions rather than use of military force as a solution to problems of civil, ethnic, religious and economic conflicts. It continues to be a consistent humanitarian voice against war, and for effective nation building and reconstruction war-torn regions. It is against military occupation and the indiscriminate use of killer drones.
PeaceSeekers shares a vision of global peace characterized by justice, human dignity, respect, and compassion for all people. It supports providing international humanitarian aid, improving domestic security without sacrificing civil liberties and freedoms, and providing leadership in the promotion of human rights, individual freedoms and economic opportunity.
PeaceSeeker programs include film series, lectures, demonstrations and other activities designed to inform, inspire and empower citizen activists.
- We share a vision of global peace characterized by justice, human dignity, respect, and compassion for all people.
- We commit ourselves to reducing injustices that breed rage and vengeance, including division, hatred and violence.
- We urge our leaders to act with compassion and humanity in framing principled initiatives that include:
- Reaching out for the support and power of the global community including its many peaceful processes, venues, alliances and international laws;
- Avoiding loss of innocent life through indiscriminate and escalating military activity;
- Supporting and providing international humanitarian aid;
- Improving domestic security without sacrificing civil liberties and freedoms; and
- Supporting and providing leadership in the promotion of human rights, individual freedoms and economic opportunity.
How You Can Get Involved with PeaceSeekers
If the above coincides with your values and vision of a more peaceful and just world, and you would like to express those values in a positive manner, contact Pacem in Terris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Global Peace Projects
Host Children's Peace Art
The Pacem in Terris Children’s Peace Art Exhibition is an opportunity for all of us to learn from our younger citizens what the world should be like. As part of the Pacem in Terris 50th Anniversary in 2017 we are “going back to our roots”— the initial innocence of youth, its vision and idealism— as a way of looking forward to the next 50 years.