As part of the Pacem in Terris 50th Anniversary in 2017 we are “going back to our roots”— the initial innocence of youth, its vision and idealism— as a way of looking forward to the next 50 years.
The Pacem in Terris Children’s Peace Art Exhibition is an opportunity for all of us to learn from our younger citizens what the world should be like. What does a peaceful world look like? What should us older citizens be working towards?
Call it Visionary Peace. Something to which our younger citizens are uniquely qualified to make a significant contribution. The Pacem in Terris Children’s Peace Art Exhibition is where the art and words of our young friends can help us all see the world anew.
What It Is
- The Pacem in Terris Children’s Peace Art Exhibition is for students, kindergarten through twelfth grade.
- The art work was displayed at The Delaware Contemporary(formerly Delaware Center for Contemporary Art) at the Riverfront in Wilmington during the week of September 18-25, 2016 and new art form our youth will be displayed September 17 -24, 2017. From there, the exhibitions will go on tour throughout our region at a diverse group of churches, temples and mosques, as well as schools, libraries, theaters, corporations and organizations.
Hosting an Exhibition
There are two versions of the traveling exhibition of Pacem’s Children’s Peace Art. One exhibition has 25 pieces of art, the other has 50. Which one you choose will depend on the space you have for the exhibition. The art works are mounted on foam core boards.
To host an exhibition of the Pacem in Terris Children’s Peace Art send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tell us the dates you would like to exhibit the art, and the number of art works for which you have room. We will get right back to you to confirm your exhibition dates and answer any questions you have.
- Students are invited to create a picture of peace. What does peace look like? What does a peaceful world look like?
- Drawings, paintings, etc. should be original, 2 dimensional, no larger than 22×34, as they will be displayed on walls at the museum.
- Each art work needs to be accompanied by the student’s name, school, grade, art teacher (when appropriate), and address so it can be returned (and the teacher recognized).
- Collaborative art projects are welcome.
- Students are also invited to write a short explanation of their drawing. This is not necessary, but most welcome. During the Opening Ceremony, a number of youth, who feel comfortable doing so, will have the opportunity to explain their art work.
- Each student can submit one work of art.
- Registration is needed — due to space limitations, register your group of students by May 1st to ensure display space. Registration is simple. Send an email to email@example.com, with the name of your school, grade and estimated number of entries.
- The art should be submitted before Wednesday, September 14 to Pacem in Terris, 401 N. West Street, Wilmington, DE 19801.
The flyer provides much of the above information. Please share it with anyone you think will be interested! Download it here.
Pacem Education Projects
Host Children's Peace Art
The Pacem in Terris Children’s Peace Art Exhibition is an opportunity for all of us to learn from our younger citizens what the world should be like. As part of the Pacem in Terris 50th Anniversary in 2017 we are “going back to our roots”— the initial innocence of youth, its vision and idealism— as a way of looking forward to the next 50 years.